Benefits You and Your County Will Receive as Members of the CEA:
- Tax payer savings
- Better quality of life
- Sharing and collaboration with other individuals on similar ideas or issues to arrive at quicker execution
- National support for legislative issues of importance to you and your county
- Policy research as well as advocacy among federal agencies for county funding; learn where you can go to get the funds your county needs
- Exclusive programs and products designed to help you manage more efficiently your county, state, and federal officials across the country
- Discover the best practices in areas like energy conservation, waste management, healthcare, business attraction, transportation and more
- Access to CEA's public-private and international partnership programs developed to foster local economic growth in a fast-changing global marketplace
Hear From Our Members:
Prescription cost containment solutions is one of the many benefits of CEA membership. CEA provides health insurance solutions through an association with HISI, a Pharmacy Benefits Administrator (PBA) that has a proven track record of performance. At no cost to the county, this Pharmacy Benefits Administrator evaluates, negotiates, manages, and monitors self-funded pharmacy benefit programs - focusing on Specialty medication price gouging.
Albany County, NY, has saved over $7.3 million by partnering with a Pharmacy Benefits Administrator. The Pharmacy Benefits Administrator’s goal is to:
- Provide best in class service
- No disruption of service and no switching out of medications
- Target specialty medication utilization, and help realize significant savings
- Eliminate cost-sharing for members
- Reduce overall specialty drug cost for employers
- Employers save money, and members obtain the medication at no cost
- Deploy custom clinical programs to meet employers' needs
Drug Deactivation and Disposal
Custom postcards, labels and surveys help amplify prevention efforts.
County governments and law enforcement agencies nationwide distribute Deterra® Pouches for safe, environmentally sound at-home drug deactivation and disposal. To amplify these efforts, Deterra offers custom postcards and labels adhered directly to the pouches, as well as online surveys and co-branded pouches designed to educate end-users about proper disposal, promote the distributor’s brand and evaluate the impact of Deterra distribution.